Easter Virgil at Church of Holy Rosary

Posted by Kuyat Nangka on 3:51 AM with 3 comments

This whole week is a Holy Week. Can be said the mass is almost the whole week and it starts from Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday (Easter Virgil) and Easter Sunday. I just came back from Easter Virgil mass at one of the church in Brickfields named Church of The Holy Rosary. Among the churches which I have been lately in Key Ell, this church reminds me a lot of my home town St. Mary’s Church back in Sibu. Living in Sentul and drive all the way to this church which located in Brickfields some might says I’m crazy. I really admit that I go to those churches that I feel comfortable like home and the importance part is the choirs. As an ex-choir member for St. Mary’s Church back in Sibu, I really enjoyed singing praises to the Lord and strumming my guitar to it. Gosh... I really miss those days. Because of choir, I met with such a beautiful and loveable organist which is my wife. I will stop elaborate more on her and you all may ask me during my big day coming up soon.

Back to my main post regarding Easter Virgil in Church of Holy Rosary which me and other half went. The mass started at 10.30p.m ended at 1:00a.m and it conducts in English. Some of you might be wondering why the mass start so late. The reason why is due that before the English mass, there is a mass in Mandarin at 7:30p.m and its end 10:10p.m. Both services was long due to there were mass new members to the church which was baptise, receive the first sacrament and confirmation during both services Mandarin and English. Easter Virgil is one of my favourite since young where we will bring our own candle to the church and the church will be in the darkness for a while as a reminder that we are in darkness after Jesus had died on Good Friday. And He is the light which give us hope to be with him in eternal life in heaven. I manage to snap few pictures of this beautiful church which having a colonial design. 


The front view of the church at night.


The back view of the church from inside. The choir porch which now not currently been used.


Nice decorated aisle to the altar with live flower on each bench.


A sample of live flower which had been arranged by an auty which volunteer to decorate the church for almost 30 years. Met her on the aisle after the mass when i was busy taking snap of photo inside the church.


Fountain of baptism. Simple but yet nicely decorated.


The view of the church when the light is off. Really love the stained glass design.


Close up view of the church altar.
Categories: ,