Big Blue Exhibition by National Geographic

Posted by Kuyat Nangka on 2:14 AM with 2 comments

On Thursday, i was at Midvalley Mega Mall to have my dinner with my other half. While we bypass the East Antrium as on our way to the food court, we saw a huge gigantic thing had been place in the East Atrium. I thought it was a drag car or a speed demon car as the thing was been covered with a huge cloth. Everybody was wondering what it was. And is saw few triangular shape frames painted in yellow and i know it got to do with National Geographic. So, i snap a photo of it before the unveiling ceremony.


What is that? it is a speed demon car underneath it? No ones know about it except for it was for National Geographic as there were few yellow triangular frame around that area.

The next day, I went back to Midvalley again on purpose to send my other half for her appointment and my colleague to meet up with her sis at Midvalley. So, da di da di da, my other half gone for her appointment and my colleague met his sis, i was left alone in the mall. I’m a bit lazy to drive back to the place i stay in Sentul so i decided to stay and keep myself busy with window shopping. Usually i go to Toy’R’Us and Pets Wonderland. But that day, i’m still curious with the thing display at the East Atrium so i walked there with curiosity. Jusl like the old saying, the cure for boredom is curiosity. Hahahahahaha....


It was a baby big blue whale.

And there it was, the biggest baby in the world stood there and was unveils to the public. This life-sized rendering of a two-month-old female blue whale calf is made entirely of fibreglass and measures nine feet in length. The calf has been recreated in detail by a team of professional model makers in Australia, which took six months to complete. I was been told by one of the helper for the exhibition there that Kuala Lumpur is the first stop on the baby blue whale’s Asian tour that will include Hongkong and Singapore. It will be on display until April 13 before the next exhibition in Singapore. The Big Blue exhibition is part of National Geographic Channel’s effort to educate the public about the blue whale and learn more about the world’s largest animal which is on the verge of extinction. I took some photo of it and hope we will not forgotten our responsibility to take care of other life beings.


A side close up view of the head . Seems like it looking at me.


Aerial view of baby blue whale. See how big it is for a 2 month old baby.


Me and baby big blue whale.
Categories: