Betta Sunday April 2009

Posted by Kuyat Nangka on 11:55 AM with 4 comments
Finally after waits for many Sunday in 2009 as I was busy attending my pre marriage course in one of the church in Key Ell, I attend my first Betta Sunday for the month of April 2009 which was held last Sunday. Maybe some of you guys does not know that there is a club for Fighting Fish. But the club does not promote fighting fish but there are keener on “Show Betta” and preserving wild betta fish. The club bear the names Betta Society of Malaysia and was formally called "Persatuan Peminat dan Pemelihara Ikan Pelaga"  I was well known at my kampung back in my hometown sibu as doctor fish. I have a lot of fish collection in my house. Since I move to KL, only left few in sibu and only left few empty big tanks under the house. 
To keep myself busy, I joined this social group which keeps show betta rather than I’m doing nothing during my spare time. On every Betta Sunday which held every Sunday of 1st week of the month, the members from young and old will come together and share their knowledge of Show Betta among other member. Some of them bring their fish along either for show or for sale. So, here are the few snap shot of Betta Sunday which was held at Jinjang Hawker Centre.


The Show Betta been display on the display rack. Some are for sale and some just for showing.


One of the respect taiko in BSM as he have a lot of good breed of Show Betta looking on some fish for sale.


As seen on the pic is me looking on some of the beauty displaying their true colours.

As I keep most of my fish HMPK or Half Moon Plakat, below are some of the favourite fish of that day.


Marble HMPK


Black Copper HMPK


Black Copper HMPK

If you need more info on the club, please feel free to go to BSM website which available at http://www.bettasocietymalaysia.com.my for details.
Categories: