Bazaar Ramadhan @ Bandar Baru Sentul

Posted by Kuyat Nangka on 1:54 PM with 3 comments
Each year when the Ramadhan month arrives, there will always be Bazaar Ramadhan mushrooming in each housing estate in a district. Bazaar Ramadan celebrates the many colourful bazaars of the annual fasting month (Bulan Puasa). Food appears to be an unifying factor as more and more people of different race and religion are seen mingling and shopping for food together at these places.

The sheer variety of mouth-watering delicacies, its cross-cultural appeal and the carnival-like atmosphere make this an unique Malaysian institution. Also known as 'Bazar Ramadan' or 'Pasar Juadah', the makeshift stalls usually open from around 4 pm to 7 pm daily, with many traders breaking fast on location. 
In KL, there were around 17 bazaars ramadhan and the lists are as follows:-
1) Taman Danau Kota, Setapak
2) Taman Setapak Jaya, Setapak
3) Wangsa Maju Section
4) Lorong/Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman
5) Bandar Baru Sentul
6) Persiaran Setiawangsa
7) Jalan Telawi, Bangsar
8) Taman Tun Dr. Ismail
9) Taman Dato' Senu
10) Sri Melaka Flat
11) Datuk Keramat Market
12) Gombak Market
13) Taman Seri Selamat
14) Taman Koperasi Polis Fasa 1
15) Bukit Indah Ampang
16) Pantai Dalam
17) Kota Agro Jalan Tun Razak
The Bandar Baru Sentul is the nearest to my place and it just a walking distance. For the last 5 years, the bazaar ramadhan and night market was held next to my apartment and this year, the local authority  decide to shift the bazaar ramadhan and the night market to new spot which is along the new stretch road connecting Jalan Pahang and Bandar Baru Sentul.
This year the bazaar stretch much longer, along the 220m stretch, you will amaze with variety food selling in both left and right hand side. Not all food are nice but there are some nice just you need to give it a try.  I won’t eat or drink on food I purchase from the stall unless I reached home to show my respect to muslims people.  

Murtabak Maggi in the frying pan.

The main attraction at this Bazaar. I wait for 30 minutes for my murtabak maggi.

Ikan Pari Sambal - Spicy and sweet

Kerang Bakar Sambal

The things that you should try at Bandar Baru Sentul bazaar are the Murtabak Maggi (Chicken or Meat), Nasi Kukus Power Ayam Berempah, Kerang Bakar Sambal, and Nasi Kerabu. There are few shop that you can try but for me, the Murtabak Maggi is the main attraction in this bazaar and you will see few people queing in line for it. Sometimes, at 6:00p.m all the murtabak had sold out.  On the day i went to the bazaar,  i brought my camera along and suddenly I became the main attraction. Some of the vendors ask me to take photo of their food or drinks but i was a bit choosy that time. I only took the food that really worth to take.

Nasi Kerabu

Nasi Kukus Power Ayam Dara Berempah

Murtabak Maggi


Some of the photos I can’t take as I was carrying few plastics bags with food which I purchase from few stalls. I only manage to take the food photo at home for blogging purpose. If I were with a group of friends carrying camera, for sure i won’t be shy to take more photo in the bazaar.

Categories: , , ,