Chicken Porridge with Ginger

Posted by Kuyat Nangka on 2:43 AM with No comments
Last week, I received a called from my wife that she was having bad fever and flu  while I was in the office. The doctor then advice and gave her MC to her for few days off to rest at home. I was a bit worried about it about the recent epidemic of H1N1 hits in our country Malaysia. But, I put my negative thoughts aside so I decide to cook for her favourite porridge which she always requested me to cook.
Before I headed home, I dropped by a mini market to buy those ingredient for the porridge which is just few blocks away from my apartment which I stayed.
When I reached home, I straight go and ask my wife condition either she have eaten her medicine or not. She was a bit dozy to her medicine so I asked her to rest while I’m cooking the porridge. Below are my recipe.


Chicken Porridge with Ginger


The ingredients:-
Rice, Parsley Leave, Scallions, Chinese Salted Vege, Fried scallops, Ginger, Chicken Breast, Salt and Food Seasonings (Ajinomoto)
The ingredients

How to cook:

  1. Clean the entire ingredient before cooking.
  2. Boiled water on a pot and add some salt.
  3. Add the chicken breast to the hot boiling water till cooked.
  4. Take out the chicken when it cooked, and let it cool before you shred the meat.
  5. Do not throw the water which been used to boiled the chicken breast, it still can be use to cooked with the rice.
  6. Mince the ginger to tiny cube.
  7. Clean and rinse the salted Chinese vege.
  8. Clean the rice and add more water as you are cooking porridge.
  9. Add in the mince ginger and salted vege into the rice.
  10. Add the water which been used to boiled the chicken breast.
  11. Cut the parsley leave and scallions to the porridge according to preference.
  12. Add some salt and food seasoning to the porridge according to your own taste bud.
  13. Add the shredded chicken meat to the boiling porridge.
  14. Serve the porridge when ready into a bowl.
  15. You may add some parsley leave and fried scallops to the porridge when serve.
Add the salted vege and mince ginger into the rice.
Shred the boils chicken.
Categories: ,