Penang Working Trip Part 1

Posted by Kuyat Nangka on 4:55 PM with 2 comments
I was assigned to go to Penang to conduct training to user on using the company product. The training was schedule for 21st to 22nd May 2009. I decide to drive my car up north to Penang to the school. The school located somewhere in Sg. Bakap Penang which is not well known like other parts of Penang such as Butterworth, Batu Ferrighi, Georgetown and Bukit Mertajam.  It took me 3 and half hour drive from KL to the place. I just stop twice at the rest stop just to empty my bladder. When i reach there, the place remind me of an old town where you can still see old ppl seating at kopitiam wearing shorts and the shop just a walking distance from home.
SMK Valdor Sg. Bakap, Penang.
The host for the training is SMK Valdor. Valdor is a words from French which means valley of gold. This area is well known for sugar cane plantation. Some of the folks tell me that when during the old days, when the sun set to dusk and shone over the plantation, the entire Valdor district will turned golden in color. It was as if the land was basked under the sun.
Once i have sent the server the school and set up the network, the next one is the accommodation. The teacher in charge in the school suggest me better find a better accommodation as most motel and inn Sg. Bakap are not that good in safety reason especially me is totally an outsider. So I decide to stay in Butterworth instead of Sg. Bakap.
The place where i stayed for 3 days and 2 nights was Pearl View Hotel. I used to stay in this hotel previously for my 1st training in Penang. The room is not that bad and the price were reasonable at RM125 without breakfast. Additional RM20 you will get a breakfast but i don't take the breakfast package due to the breakfast start at 6:30am till 10:30 a.m while i need to be to the school by 8 and need to drive 40 mins from Butterworth to Sg. Bakap. With free WiFi which i need the most, it’s suit me rite.

Hotel New Wings Aisle


My rooms for 3 days and 2 nights



Categories: ,