Rescued Asian Leopard Cat @ Sungai Long

Posted by Kuyat Nangka on 4:09 AM with 1 comment

Seem like it had been a long time I had posted any post on my blog. Some of my friend ask me why I had not posted any post. Ermmm… I can’t answer that as well maybe I’m lazy to edit those photos which I took and post it on my blog.
I found a nice story to post as it related to a responsible act of a good Samaritans. This happen a day before Chinese New Year this year where my wife friend managed to rescued an Asian Leopard Cat. It was injured and was found lying in the middle of the road. My wife friend with her family members were on the way back returning from the temple after prayer which nearly to midnight where they found the injured animal.
The injured leopard cat at the vet (pic taken from my wife friend)

The vet taking note on her injury.

The cat awaken but was still on drip.

With the compassionate hearts towards the poor thing, they decide to send the cat to the nearest vet for treatment. According to her, some of the staffs don’t dare to treat the animals and keep on passing to another doctor for treatment. At last, a doctor came to offer for help and treats the cat and does some checkup. The poor thing was kept in the vet hospital for few days before they were called to collect it.

The photo taken by me.

Nice color, although it look tame but it really fierce.

Wish the cat i can hold it in my arm. just manage to touch the fur from outside the cage.

Really adorable look

I had asked my wife friend either I can took the photo of the cats before releasing back to the wild as it’s a crime to rare a protected animals in Malaysia. I’d called Perhilitan either the cat can be rare and there are few procedures to apply for the license to keep it. They advice me either release the cat back to the wild where the cat were found or give it to Perhilitan so that they can release it at a suitable place.

Get ready to release to the wild.

Finally, the cage is open and it crawls back to the wild

It saying goodbye as sign of gratitude.

My wife friend mum had sought the temple monk and was told to release it to the forest where they found it. Finally, it was released back to the wild and it was a good deed as what wild still remains wild. You can’t dosmeticated the wild animal as pets. I’d Google the internet and found out the Asian Leopard cat pricing are pricey. It can cost RM3200 in Malaysia market.
Categories: ,