Sungai Gabai Waterfall, getaway to nature @ Hulu Langat Selangor

Posted by Kuyat Nangka on 4:53 PM with 1 comment
For city folks, there is a place for getaway from bustling and hustling scene which is just a distance away from the city Key Ell. There is a nice waterfall which is suitable for picnic with family members or with friends.
On one of the weekend, me and my wife together with a bunch of friends when for site survey for the next BBQ and picnic outing. So we decide to go Sungai Gabai waterfall which is located at Hulu Langat.

Sungai Gabai Waterfall. Photo taken by another blogger Zain

It a 40 minutes’ drive from city centre to the location. It all depend on the traffic flow as well as usually, the waterfall always pack with peoples during the weekend. When we reached the place, it was hard to find a parking and you have to pay RM1 per person. You can park your car by the road side as long as you don’t block the traffic flows. Sungai Gabai waterfall is a cascades and vertical waterfall. The car park is near to the waterfall. As it was weekend, it was jam packed with people.

Resting one of the shed provided by the park.

There were some resting place been erected along the staircase to the upper part of the waterfall. There were few cascade waterfalls which you need to climb using the cemented stairways built by the park. This is my worst ever experience as I almost faint climbing the staircase as it was steep. I’m surely advice for those who wish to visit here, make sure you are fully fit and drink a lot of water. I’d caused my wife and her friend panic as my face turn pale when we reach the middle part of the waterfall. After I rest for a while, I regain my strength and we decide to go and have a picnic on the below part of the waterfall. This means I need to exercise to gain my stamina back as I used to be before I started work in KL. Back in Sarawak, I actively involves in playing football and doing outdoor chores such as cutting the grass and gardening.
Beautiful serene with the sounds of the waterfall in the background.

It is indeed a beautiful sight to behold and a serene place to unwind. Surrounded by greens, it truly a calming scenes with the sound of water gushing down the cascade more than 100m high is music to my ears. You can see a lot of people playing in the water and slides along the waterfall cascades.

The waterfall. It really soothe to hear the water gushing down the cascades.

Back to nature.

Playing with the water.

For those who wish to go to sungai gabai waterfall, please be advice you need to come here early and make sure you are fit to climb the staircase to reach the upper cascades of the waterfalls. Below are the useful link on info of Sungai Gabai waterfall.
Categories: ,