Outing BBQ at Bagan Lalang

Posted by Kuyat Nangka on 7:02 PM with No comments
A week before Raya, i’d joined my wife colleague for barbeque session at the beach near Bagan Lalang. I’d ever heard of the place from some of my cousin posting and other bloggers. The location is near to KLIA airport but the distance can consider far. It took nearly 1 hour and a half to reach the place. Me and my wife prepared some of the sauce dip and marinated lamb.

As it was on Saturday and it was also my wife off day, we decide to go to her friend house to collect the food and the barbeque utensils as she is the main organizer. So we drove to her house which located at Hulu Langat near to Sg. Congkak recreational place. It took me 45 minutes to reach her place as the traffic was congested with cars. As we reached, I and my wife thought that she is ready and set to go and divide the stuffs to my ride but eventually me and my wife need to wait for yet another 1 hour for her. Don’t want to talk much but if it is well planned, for sure all the things are ready and we should depart from there as soon as we had transfer the stuff to the car.  


The sunset view at the beach.



Guess what, none of the foods which prepared by her and  BBQ utensil is inside my car. I wasted my fuel and my time just to drove there and end up with nothing. Ermmm... some of my wife colleague was about to reach Bagan Lalang that time and it was 5:00p.m. For me, it quite disappointment as I’m into photography, at least give me time to snap the evening scenery and activities done by people who throngs to Bagan Lalang. We depart from her house at 5:30p.m and need to stop again at somewhere in Hulu Langat town as she was telling that her husband is on the way. As my wife were not so happy, so we decide to go on our own way to reach Bagan Lalang. I ask for the food and utensils to bring to BBQ sites at Bagan Lalang but was turn down.
So, I and my missus speed off to Bagan Lalang just follow the signage to KLIA. It took me 1 hour 30 minutes to reach the destination. It was a first time BBQ that i’d been which are not well organized. But i can’t give any comment as i was not the organizer but just a follower who tag along. It was nice to catch of the glimpse of sunset. Snap few shot of the sunset and scenery. My missus other colleagues were there was hungry as the BBQ suppose to start at 5:00p.m and we only reached there at 6:45p.m without any food and BBQ utensils.


Starting up the fire

BBQ the food.

Group photo after the BBQ. Some of them had to go early and can't stay for this photo shoot.


A great disappointment as some of my missus friend is fasting as it still Ramadhan month. As it was a BBQ gathering and need some fire, so we decide to start the fire while waiting for the utensil to come later with the help of my wife friend which is Walter and Maurice. We collect debris of used charcoal which scattered nearby our BBQ location. At least with the charcoal burn, we can start BBQ.
It was 7:55p.m, the utensils arrives and we immediately start the BBQ. Some of them were hungry as they were fasting so they have the dinner first. On the stuff to be BBQ, the amount was not much for 10 persons eating. Ermmm...  no comment either.
We end up the session nearly 10:30p.m and we do have fun that evening although there were some hiccups on the preparations.  Maybe next time i would like to suggest that to have pot luck BBQ where each person bring their own dish so that nobody have to wait for the food.
Categories: