My DSLR been hospitalized @ Canon Care Service Centre (Malaysia)

Posted by Kuyat Nangka on 3:59 PM with 5 comments
It's almost 13 months my DSLR with me in the journey capturing those precious moments till last Saturdays, it gave up on me and does not turn although with a full charge battery. I tried to and it back, ensure the closure for both battery and memory card is properly close as advice in the troubleshooting manual book which comes with the camera but yet, it still does not function.

Then I remember that my camera came with warranty with 2+1 from Canon Malaysia. Then i logged in to Canon Malaysia and called out some of the outlet near to KL city centre to seek professional advice. I told them my problem and their advise me to sent to Canon Service Centre located at Shah Alam. I try to search for my warranty slip in my camera box but fail to locate it. I called the shop which sold me the DSLR and advice me that their warranty copy had been sent to Canon Malaysia and i only need to register it online to enjoy 36 months warranty from Canon.

I'm not sure either i did register but when i check the Canon website, my DSLR yet to registered. So i registered my DSLR on Sunday and thank God that it had been approved. I called the service centre and their told me that i may sent my DSLR to their service centre for them to check on the problem. She told me that since their had a records from the shop that i bought and my DSLR body was made in Japan.

I'd been reading some forums that there are two type of Canon 1000D DSLR body. One is made in Taiwan and the other one is made in Japan. Not sure the different but if it still claimable.


I went to the Service Centre located at Shah Alam and it was a 30 minutes drive from my house. The service centre not only host to servicing canon product but it's Canon Malaysia Headquarters and also a showroom. Since my DSLR was malfuntioning, i can't take the picture of the service centre. When the nice lady check my DSLR, it was functioning for 2 seconds and died. She inserted new battery to it as well but yet it failed to display. She takes notes on my case and checked online either my camera is still under warranty from Canon. Luckily, it was as shown on Canon Malaysia database. She told me that Canon technician will check and examine the problem and once they fix it, they will give me a call or SMS latest by Friday this week, 23rd July 2010. If the technician able to complete, they will call me come to collect from the service centre.

Hope my DSLR will be fixed as i'll be going back to Sibu for my cousin wedding in August. 

Categories: