Celebrating GOALS with Kampua Mee @ Forum 19 PJ

Posted by Kuyat Nangka on 6:03 PM with No comments
Last week i’d been trying to find a place called Forum 19 where my friend David which also from Sibu did post on his facebook on kampua mee at PJ. As PJ area is a maze of road for me, i just view the map in a flance from Forum 19 own website on blogspot. You may click here to view the website.


The outside view of Forum 19

It was my second attempts which finally me and my wife manage to find the place. The first attempts i was lost although with the help of my GPS and my Klang Valley maps book inside my car.
When we reach the place, the place is quite huge and it same concepts as Asia Cafe in Subang. The differents is, it got futsal and the projector screen in project to the building located at next door. Just imagine how big it is. According to some, the place is pack with football fans to cheer up their clubs or country. Since now is World Cup Seasons, i saw a lot of the patrons wearing their football team jersey which playing on that night. That night was the match between Argentina and Germany whereby Germany trash out those Argentine real bad.


The projector screen is actually a building wall. 

View inside Forum 19, ample of place to seat but as you can seen on the photo, the table with those plates was only clean after 25 minutes.

Another projector screen inside. There were also few LCD TV inside the shops. They also advertise the Facebook Groups.

Some of the shop operating.

Back to the topic, the food offer at Forums 19 not that much as Asia Cafe but can consider not bad. If there were a lot of stalls, it’s very hard for us to decide as well. This is my experience at Asia Cafe, each time I went there with my wife or relatives, first come in mine “What should i order?” Tell you the truth; I only tried few stalls at Asia Cafe.

As Forum 19 is a new place for me, so my target is the Kampua Mee and finally found the stalls. They called it Sarawak Mee. And the Bian Sip they called it as Wantan. But nevermind, cut the chase, I order the Kampua Mee with soy sauce and chilli sauce. Side order sharing with my wife was the bian sip. My wife decide to order Spicy Pan Mee as the one that sold previously near to my place in Sentul had move to other place which is unknown where.


Sarawak Mee aka Kampua Mee with soy sauce and chili 

Wantan aka Bian Sip in soy sauce and chili

For the pricing, Bian Sip (Small) and Kampua Mee (Large) only cost me RM7.50. If at other shop for sure it will be RM8.50 or more. The taste of the kampua mee, errmmmm....... still ok but can’t beat the one in Puchong which is pure Sibu breed and cooking styles is what Sibu taste bud likes.
The Bian Sip, ermmm... can say quite impressive. Full with meat and the number of wantan is like 7 or 8 pieces.


The Spicy Pan Mee

For the Spicy Pan Mee, my wife told me that the taste is so so. Still can’t beat the one near to my place. Maybe i should bring her to the one came out in Ho Chiak at Jalan Ipoh near to the bridal shop we went for our wedding photo shoots last year.

Verdict of the place itself, it big and good ambience especially watching football match as there is a very big screen and the owner put a lot on effort to invest on the sound equipment. The bad thing about the place, limited parking space as the Indoor parking had been turned to two Futsal courts which rarely been used. For the services, it quite disappointed as the tables had not been clear by the waiter and the waitress. Not sure what are the terms between the owner and the stall operator either the stall operator need to collect their own plates and utensil to clean. Other than that, still okay.  Hope if the management stumble on my blog, please do the changes so that more patrons can come to your place. On Halal food, only got mamak stall operating outside with the satay stalls.


Categories: ,