Cease Operation of KL Office

Posted by Kuyat Nangka on 5:11 PM with 5 comments

It had been a while i haven’t posted anything into my blogs. I’m guess i was to hooked up with facebook and i have no idea what to write on my blogs. There’s a lot of picture i took during my absent of blogging and everyday i keep on remind myself to upload it and share with my blog follower. But, in the end, i guess i dissapoints you guys and it should be me to be blame.
During the last few months, it was a hectic for me such as preparing for christmas and last month January was shifting out things from the KL office to be shipped out back to Sibu HQ and selling off furniture to ex-boss friends.


Four KL crazy staff.

Posing in front of the units

KLCC view from the office balcony.


As most of my colleagues resign from KL office, Teo (November 2009), Wee and Fida (Mid January), i was left alone with my boss and all the arrangement for moving and handling of existing customer in West Malaysia were put on my shoulder to handle.
The arrangement such as terminating the courier service, telephone line and internet to the office was all done by me including liasing with the building management on the arrangement of shifting out thing from the office which need me to fill up few documents and get letter of consent from the owner which is in Singapore. Without the letter, most stuff can’t get out from the office.
Only me and my ex-boss were in the office with the lousy internet with router or modem problem, i rather using my notebook with free wifi to do my work. It quite sad to see the office which i had been working for few years will be close down. What can i do, it’s was top management decision to pull out the plug to shut down KL office operation.

Dismantling the cubicles tables in progress.

 The empty office.

When all the things were move out and dispose, it was sad to see the office is empty. When i was waiting for the agent, i was sitting on the floor with my notebook with WiFi access doing my work. As long as there is internet connection, i’m able to do my work.
It was a horrible experience for me on the handover of the office keys to the agent. I did it twice. On the first time, i did the handover with the agent as the agent told me that we can give the office keys to the agents on behalf of the singaporean landlord. So, me and the agent did some inspection and yes he was sastify with the conditions so i handover the keys to him.
Then on the way back, i receive a called from HQ that the owner from Singapore does not want the agent to take the key on his behalf. He want his friend to collect the keys from me and do the hangover. So another drama folds in. I guess communication breakdown between the owner and the agents.
So the next day, i called up Ms. Chan the agent and Mr. Lim the singaporean guys to arrange the schedule for the handover. Miss Chan told me to collect the keys from his partner Francis at 11:30a.m on 2nd February 2010. So i called up Mr. Lim and he told me he can’t make it at 11:30 but only available from 3:00p.m onwards. Then i called up Ms. Chan to reschedule at 3:00p.m and she said she not available during that time and she request for Mr. Lim number so i SMS her the number. Then i called up Mr. Lim back and told him that Ms. Chan can’t make it and he also request Ms. Chan number as well so that he can discuss with Ms. Chan how to meet.
After an hour meeting, Ms. Chan called me up and asked just to collect the key from Francis at 11:30a.m and later she will arrange to meet with Mr. Lim to collect back the key. So i called up Mr. Lim that i can meet him at 3:00p.m without the agent and he’s also ok with it.
Then i went to the office and meet up with Francis to collect the keys which i did handover the keys previously. He told me that the landlord suddenly angry with the agent as he did not know about the handover. Francis told me that Ms. Chan had contacted him but can’t get thru him and she had passed the message to his PA in Singapore office. According to Francis, the PA does not relate the message to the owner and this had cause the owner angry at the agent as when he ask from his PA, the PA just tell him that there is no message for him during his away to oversea. Due to this, he ask his singaporean friend to collect the key back and then later he will give back the keys to the agent. So i get the keys from Francis and i do some touch up on the office before handover the keys to Mr. Lim such as cleaning the aircond, taking out nails from the wall and applying filler on the holes.
At 3:00p.m, no sign of Mr. Lim coming to the office and at 3:30p.m, received a called from him and was mentioning he was stuck in jam and able to see KLCC not far from him. So, i can’t say i can’t wait but to say i will be waiting for him. It was  4:10 he called me that he was downstairs and can’t entered the building as they does not have any consent letter from the owner. So, i went down to meet them and guide them to the office. He was not alone as he was also accompanied by his friend.
So both of them are the landlord friend and the inspection took them less than 30 minutes. There were happy with the condition so i gave him the office keys. Once he receive, i asked him does the keys going back to Ms. Chan and according to him he had spoke with the landlord and as instruct by the landlord, he will pass the key to Mr. Jonnie and not to Ms. Chan as the owner hire another agent to handle his properties in Malaysia.
So, that’s all about now and glad that i had settled all the task given to close down the office.

Categories: